03 June 2009

Mississippi Coastal Flooding after Huricane Katrina


Here is my map showing the coastal flooding areas after Hurricane Katrina. This was a fun map to make, mainly for the reason that I wished I had the opportunity to help make maps during this event. Now I had the opportunity to play with the data and perform some analysis and see it for myself. I think the only struggles I had was understanding the land classification. I wish they had explained exactly what was meant by Barren land. I assumed this land to be the sand dunes along the coast. And I was suprised by the total of developed land. I thought that this total would have been much higher considering the development along the coast. But overall, I learned a lot by the creation of this map and incorporating the chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment